Here we are at the beginning of a new year filled with aspirations, resolutions, new habits, and hopefully a bit of excitement to start fresh.
2023 marks the 20th anniversary in business for PEAR Core Solutions. From those first days in 2003 working from the basement of my house to rolling into 2023 working from home, there have been so many learning opportunities over these past 20 years.
Before I can look forward, I’ve made it a practice to look back. To reflect. What worked. What didn’t. Who did I help? Who helped me? What did I learn?
As you move into 2023, here is my top list of what I have learned over the last 20 years in business and I hope it is of some value to you, as well!
- Empower everyone around you.
- It takes courage to start something new; and courage to keep at it. Tap into your courage.
- There is a solution to every problem/challenge.
- Make it easy for people to do business with you and they will.
- Always do what is expected, always do what is asked … and plan live in the space above that. Going above what is expected of you and/or what is asked of you. Bring the value beyond
- Taking risks is risky business. Not taking risks equals no business.
- Remember you are always on the learning team. Humility is honorable.
- Grit is not for the weary and way more than a breakfast goodie.
- Leaders definitely eat last.
- Give more than what you get.
- Inspect what you expect.
- Self-awareness will keep you authentic.
- Relationships win over transactions every single time.
- Learn how to control the chaos and control what you can.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Get other opinions. There are other smart people around you.
- Plan with intention. Nothing is happening unless you dictate how it will happen.
- Remember that listening is critical in all communication.
- Either we change things, or time will change them for us.
- Have fun every single day. Otherwise, what’s the point?
A big thank you to everyone who has been a part of the PEAR Core Solutions journey over the past 20 years. We are who we have become as a company, team, and service provider because of all of you.
Happy, healthy, powerful 2023!
Deidre Koppelman, Founder & CEO